Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The glue saga…Continued

Ya know…I think I left off with the last blog post leaving you with the impression that I was going to use 2 part epoxy resin and kick some butt. Well, as a great philosopher/acquaintance once told me: “ Laugh at yourself or others will do it for you…”

Yeah.

Well the epoxy stuck to the cabs of but wouldn’t stick to the bail. It didn’t matter if the bail was scooped or flat; both tore off with a minimal amount of effort.

 BLOG_glue2

BLOG_glue3

I found this article on the sobering reality of glues.  It’s an interesting read.

What Glues to Use for Jewelry Making?

I’m taking a stab at using the Huntsman's Araldite glue which is supposedly one of the most reliable.  I had to order it from England off of EBay.  I keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment