Thursday, September 26, 2013

A bigger plate…

Here’s the latest project…

I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking; I’m too lazy to write tonight.

BLOG_BPlate1

I weighed the center piece.  I wanted to make sure the volume of glass on the second layer matched the piece underneath.

BLOG_BPlate2

 

BLOG_BPlate3

Adding the borders.  They were 6mm tall and glued on with super glue.

BLOG_BPlate4

The stuffin!

BLOG_BPlate5

Sizing up how much I needed.

BLOG_BPlate6

BLOG_BPlate7

BLOG_BPlate8

OK.  I really do question this decision to add the transparent Lilac.  I couldn’t fit in a couple of pieces of clear I had originally cut so I added the difference in weight using transparent Lilac glass. 

BLOG_BPlate9

Here’s the fused blank.  Personally adding the Lilac makes the piece look like it has some kind of social disease (or something like that).  I don’t know…I get back to you with picks when I’ve slumped the darn thing

BLOG_BPlate10

No comments:

Post a Comment