Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another Day, Another Melt…

Well with fairly successful melt underneath my belt belt It’s time for…

Another one!.  This time I’m trying something a little different.   I’m taking half of my colored glass and burying it underneath the clear and then taking the rest and putting on top.

BLOG_MeltTwo12jpg

BLOG_MeltTwo2

I’m also used just 21 ounces of glass this time instead of 26. It should get me closer to 6 mm thickness.

Here’s how it turned out.

BLOG_MeltTwo3

BLOG_MeltTwo4

BLOG_MeltTwo5

If you had any doubts I can validate; darker colors will dominate the melt.  I had about 13 ounces of clear and  4 ounces of red and white (8 oz. total).  I think half the amount of red would have been plenty.  There also seemed to be more bubbles this time.  That means I should hold it at 1500 for while longer.  Well tomorrow I’m going to attempt to fuse a white border around it to make a blank for a plate.

Blogger Labels: blank,plate,Pot Melt,bubbles,ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment