Friday, November 8, 2013

A plate, Blown glass pendants and the disgusting thing.

A Plate

At some point I’m going to ditch the Slumpys mini pot melts and come up with my own rig using terra cotta pots.  That way I won’t be restricted to melting disks just 6 and 8 inches in diameter. With this most recent melt I decided to try add a white border around it to make a blank for a plate. I got myself a 10 inch stainless steel ring and some white Uroboros frit.

BLOG_NewPlate1

BLOG_NewPlate2

BLOG_NewPlate3

BLOG_NewPlate4

Now if this works out OK then instead of buying ready-made frit I’ll get and 5 pound bag of white opal odd cut scraps and crush it myself.  The scraps cost less about 60% less than bulk frit ($23.00 vs 52.00).  I’ll post the results tomorrow.

Blown glass pendants

I mentioned last time I was about to fire polish some of the scarp blown glass I had gotten.  Here’s a few pics of how they turned out.  I’ll need to fire polish some of them again since I added a bevel and not all of them polished smoothly.

BLOG_Bpend3

BLOG_Bpend2

BLOG_Bpend5

BLOG_Bpend4

BLOG_Bpend6

And now for…

The Disgusting Thing

BLOG_Bpend7

Nuff said!.  The secret will be revealed tomorrow.

Stay tuned…

Blogger Labels: Blown Glass,glass,Plate,Slumpys,Uroboros,scraps,pendants,frit

No comments:

Post a Comment