Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Turning Fails into an Un-fails

I’m being a bit un-serious with this post (but then again maybe un-not).

At one point I was thinking about writing off this melt as a total loss and just tossing it.

Blog_BadMelt1a

Well took this melt above and combined it with parts of this failed slump below (it died of thermal shock) and I think I may have pulled a rabbit out of my hat.

BLOG_potplate7

Here was my plan to “fix” it.

Blog_BadMelt2

Blog_BadMelt3

And here’s how it looks after firing.

Blog_Unfail1

Blog_Unfail2

Blog_Unfail3

the chards from the other pot melt look like feathers and the other colored chunks I placed on it give it a 3D effect. Overall it definitely has a “Native American” look to it.

So be of good cheer if you have projects that crash and burn.  There’s ways of redeeming them.

Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment