Here are some more melts that have come out of the kiln. Some of them came out better than others.
I made a five hole saucer and decided to try using more pastel colors.
Here’s the first attempt. There was a bit too much clear and not enough lavender and light blue.
I tried again with more color and less clear glass. The results are much better
Here’s another melt with the 4 hole saucer also with more color added.
I got a bit crazy with this next melt. I made a spiral design with 10 holes in the saucer.
It didn’t come out quite like I had hoped. It’s cool in way but not without problems. First you can’t really see any spiral pattern. I’m thinking I should have used more colors and this particular might have worked better it it wasn’t constrained by a ring. Second, I had some rather large pieces of scrap glass that I decided to smash up a bit in a frit maker. Unfortunately the melt ended up with a lot of bubbles. I’m hoping taking this beast to a full fuse (lets say 1500 degrees for 45 minutes) should flatten the piece out and also get rid of the bubbles.