Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New melts and a new piece for the spring show

I did a some more melts the past few days before it gets warmer.  I vent my kiln from the outside and so I’m reluctant to do pot melts during the summer since the temps will be much hotter.  It’s a snap to keep the control box as cool as a cucumber during the fall and winter.  Right now the melts are still thick blanks that I’ll need to thin out.  I’m pleased with how they turned out.

BLOG_newmelt4

BLOG_newmelt3

BLOG_newmelt2

BLOG_newmelt1

When I first got into glass fusing I had envisioned creating small glass tiles (2 – 3 inches in the side) and them connecting them together using the copper foil method. There was so much to learn and explore I put that ide off to the side for a bit.  But now I’ve re-visited the idea and put together this piece for the Lincoln Artists Guild spring show.

BLOG_mosaic1

BLOG_mosaic2

Well there it is.  Time to break a leg again…

No comments:

Post a Comment